As a true industry professional, you understand that SEO is vital for businesses to be found online. You have experienced how search engine optimization impacts a business and you know how it plays an important role in the mix of diverse marketing channels. Do you get energized when you help clients with their SEO strategy? Do you also closely follow the latest market trends and developments and know how to respond accordingly? And are you a team lead who brings the best out of people?
Then we’re looking for you!
Artefact Benelux (Google Marketing Platform Partner and official Google Analytics 360 reseller) is looking for an experienced and ambitious Head of SEO.
Artefact is a new generation of a data service provider, specializing in data consulting and data-driven digital marketing, dedicated to transforming data into business impact across the entire value chain of organisations. We are proud to say we’re enjoying skyrocketing growth.
Our broad range of data-driven solutions in data consulting and digital marketing are designed to meet our clients’ specific needs, always conceived with a business-centric approach and delivered with tangible results.
What you will do
As ‘head of SEO’ you manage the SEO team and you represent Artefact Benelux internally and externally on SEO level. You are responsible for the quality of SEO and further development. Together with the director of digital & data marketing and the managers of SEA, Social / Programmatic and Analytics, you will create added value for our customers. Our credo is ‘Search is Search’ so you will work closely with our head of SEA to look actively for synergy between SEA and SEO.
You maintain close contact with our clients, supervise and when needed step-in on technical SEO analyses and implementation of suggested improvements. You analyse and suggest to create or write on-page and off-page content to be relevant in Google and to earn relevant links to the main domain or specific URLs. As the head of SEO you will be the thought leader to your team and to the clients.
Your ultimate goal is to be a true partner in SEO for our clients. You’ll support them, guide them, and help them in using and understanding SEO a little bit more every day.
- Leading and developing the strategy for SEO & Organic
- You are responsible for (improving) the quality of SEO
- You represent Artefact at events and maintain relationships with (or expand) relevant platforms / networks / technology / tools.
- You accelerate the business of our customers and maintain proactive relations with our clients.
- You represent Artefact’s position on SEO and Search in the broader marketing community and proactively look for opportunities to strengthen Artefact’s position through, for example, speaker opportunities, blogs, conferences and networking events.
- You lead and execute SEO work for clients such as technical, content and popularity (outreach / links) activities
- You have ‘pitch ownership’ and claim the role as ‘head of organic search’ for new pitches;
- You proactively create new business opportunities in the SEO domain through, for example, conferences, presentations, networking at events, developing and maintaining online presence.
- You support the professional development of the SEO team members, which is reflected in regular checks on the quality of the work, and the stimulation of sharing lessons within the team;
- You represent the opinions of the SEO team to the Senior Management / Director Digital & Data marketing of Artefact;
- You will work with HR on topics such as recruitment, retention and development, so that we have and retain the best people within Artefact.
- You indicate what is needed to continue to develop the relevant skills of the SEO team
Who are you?
- At least four years of relevant work experience at an agency or client with demonstrable skills as a Snr SEO consultant
- Working ability at the higher professional education level (HBO/WO)
- Knowledge of HTML, JS, CSS and the most common CMS systems
- Experience with web analysis systems, such as Google Analytics
- Experience with several SEO tools such as Search Console, Ahrefs, Screamingfrog, keywordtool.io, SEMrush, Majestic SEO, etc.
- Knowledge of PHP, Python, SQL, Angular.js or React is an advantage
- Good command of both Dutch and English is required
- Team lead experience (direct reports) is a pre
- Proven leadership skills (non-direct reports)
- Commercial attitude and good communication skills
What do we offer?
- Attractive benefits package; a good salary + holiday pay, 25 days of vacation (with a 40 hour contract), pensions plan, and an NS OV business card
- The opportunity for professional and personal growth and development, with excellent (international) career opportunities. We take your development serious and support you in your growth
- The opportunity to work with major advertisers and brands on a national and international level
- Fun colleagues in an international and informal, open atmosphere
- A great office in the heart of Utrecht
- Fun activities, such as drinks and team activities, game nights, online events.
- A full lunch, snacks, fresh fruit and great coffee daily
Why you should join us
- Place to be: data and its application in marketing is a hot topic, the type of success that everyone wants on their resume
- Knowledge: with Artefact you will build a true technical expertise while leveraging the methodologies and rigor of consulting
- Entrepreneurs: you will be joining a team of driven international entrepreneurs. We won’t give up until we make a huge dent into this industry!